Lisa Morrow Writing
In addition to writing this blog, I have published three books about Istanbul and Turkey, written articles for magazines and internet travel sites, as well as researched and produced an audio tour of Kadikoy. Listed below are details of my writing about Istanbul and Turkey, including links. To see what I’ve written on other topics, click here. If you’d like me to write for you please get in touch via the contact tab at the top of this page.
* Inside Out In Istanbul: Making Sense of the City 2nd Edition, October 2015
* Waiting for the Tulips to Bloom: Adrift in Istanbul, September 2015.
* Exploring Turkish Landscapes: Crossing Inner Boundaries, April 2014.
Writing about Turkey
* Istanbul’s Waterfront Idyll: Arnavutköy, Luxos spring/summer 2017 Istanbul, April, pp. 44-49.
*After the Coup, Why I Left my Beloved Home in Turkey, World Crunch – Rue Amelot, April 13, 2017.
* Crossing the Sacred/Secular Divide: Unravelling Turkish Identities, Linguaculture: International Journal of the Iaşi Linguaculture Centre for (Inter)cultural and (Inter)lingual Research, Volume 7, Number 1, December 2016, pp. 41-49.
* Top 10 Things To Know Before You Arrive in Istanbul, International Hotels Group Blog, August 22, 2016.
* Dear Travelers to Turkey: Please Don’t Come Visit Until You’ve Understood these 8 Things, Matador Network, June 11, 2016.
* Small Projects Istanbul: Little things making big things happen, Your Middle East, February 4, 2016.
* “Celebration Time”, Lale: Magazine of the International Women of Istanbul, November/December, 2014, pp. 28-30.
* Contributions to Med Hills Travel Blog – Semsi Pasa Mosque, Erzerum, To Market to Market, At a Stretch: Turkish Icecream, Visiting with the King: Mount Nemrut, Goreme, Cappadocia, Surprising Karakoy, Kadikoy: A Local’s Istanbul, Tantalising Taksim, Ramazan Dos and Donts, Ephesus: Visiting the Ancient World.
* “Learning Turkish: Do as I say not as I do!”, Lale: Magazine of the International Women of Istanbul, September/October, 2014, pp. 36-37
*“A Touch of Spice”, Lale: Magazine of the International Women of Istanbul, May Issue 05, 2014.
*“What lies ahead for a brave new Turkey?”, ABC News The Drum, July 18, 2013.
*“A night in Istanbul: democracy is under threat”, ABC News The Drum, June 19, 2013.
*“Everyday I’m Chapulling: life in Turkey during the uprising”, ABC News The Drum, June 14, 2013
*”Turkish protest about more than a park“, ABC News The Drum, June 4, 2013.
* “Goreme: If you look you’ll find yourself”, WeSaidGoTravel, June 1, 2013.
* “Istanbul: In the sultan’s city”, WeSaidGoTravel, March 15, 2013.
Discover Kadikoy’s multicultural past and the resident’s love of music, literature, cinema and theatre, as you immerse yourself in everyday life in contemporary Istanbul on my specially curated audio tour “Stepping Back Through Chalcedon: Kadikoy Walk“.